Friday, 4 March 2011

Carn Marth!

Heya~ Haven't been posting lately. I was just too tired from Uni and when I get back I just wanna lie down and watch a couple of movies. Have been watching a lot of them, I watched King's Speech just last night. It is a good movie, you can relate to what he's going through. To those who haven't, I would recommend that you do. ^^

So we went to Carn Marth last Wednesday. I was such a pretty place! Too bad it was really cold when we got there. EXTREMELY at that. It was like an assessment thing where we have to identify species on our own with our groups and present a species list to hand in by today. And so we did :D Identified about 102 species! Ok I only know like the basic ones, most of them were ID-ed by my group mates. But hey at least I'm getting better at the ID-ing bit ;p

The view from above of the Open Theater
The stage bit of the theater
The seats bit - all natural e
The big lake
Love the green view
The smaller version - a pond
The monument-y looking old building lol

Thankfully the sun was out near noon so we get to feel warm in the end. It was a good trip. Would love to go there again when the flowers are in bloom ^^

Yesterday, nothing much was going on. Me and my group did the species list in the IT room and I went to the Exeter award thing - "Planning your CV" talk. It was ok-ish. Wasn't that interactive but a lot of useful information though and handouts of the examples of a good CV.

Then today, same-o same-o ; lectures, the walk and the debrief on previous trips. There was like an international thingy in the stannary though. Tiqah was in charge of the Bruneian booth there. I went there and help out a bit. There was a flag-painting booth next to us and the African Booth the booth after. The African Booth was really going well. They cooked African food and sell them and they put on African music and such.  Would love to try the food but they're not halal nor vegetarian so too bad. We only have like 'kuih sapit' to offer. Would be really good if we had prepared like our traditional foods and such. But it was great all the same. Got Brunei's flag painted on me :DD





I love it. The person at the booth next to us did it - Susan I think her name. It was really detailed, the red emblem I mean. She did a really good job. Of course she graduated with a 'Fine Arts' degree so of course she'd be talented.

Oh I forgot, I didn't go to the Nocturnal walk in the end. Cause I won't get transport back home and I have a field trip at 9am the next morning so I decided not to. Hmm I asked Sally (the one organizing the volunteering  works) to contact me if someone bailed out from the Monkey Sanctuary volunteering tomorrow. So I might be going there tomorrow with Tiqah. Hopefully she messaged me really early cause I need to catch the bus so we'll see how it goes. Till next time~ *needing a break from uni :p*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.